JBC Cares, Inc. is a 501c(3) non-profit organization founded in 2016 to make a greater impact on the community and establish meaningful partnerships to address community needs through:
- Pantry Services
- Health Initiatives
- Youth Services
- Community Programs
- Intervention Programs
- Senior Services
- Have provided food to more than 6,700 families in 2022 through weekly distributions alone and currently are distributing food and supplies to between 160-180 families per week since.
- Our quarterly distribution average climbed over 40% since this time last year.
- Continues to provide additional special distributions to the community during special days such as Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and many more.
- Partnered with youth organizations to provide mentoring, community service, intervention, and empowerment activities.
- Our joint Thrive Tribe mentoring initiative is impacting the lives of middle and high schoolers in the community.
- We continue to collaborate with community partners supporting mental health and nutritional workshops, healthy recipes and more.
- Partnered with other community organizations and heath care organizations to provide health screenings and distribute health information.
- Enhancing the community walking trail on the campus of Jerusalem Baptist Hopkins in order to support healthy lifestyles in a safe environment.
Senior Services & Special Needs
- Support several community homes for seniors and other at-risk groups.
- Our Impact program meets special needs that arise within the community.
Schools & Educational Initiatives
- Support weekend nutritional needs of elementary students through our weekend food supply program.
- Donated over 2,000 masks to local schools during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Support teachers with supplies and encouragement packs throughout the year.
- Colloborate with high school to support adolescent parents and their children.
- Partnerships with local community schools to support students and families.